Thursday, March 8, 2012

Green Velvet Cake

As you know, Genevieve's 2nd birthday is in 3 days and I needed to practice making her doll cake. Since I've never baked a cake in a glass bowl and then turned it upside down to make the skirt of the doll cake, I decided this was something I should try before the big day. Luckily I had bookclub last night, which gave me the perfect excuse to 1. try the technique and 2. make green velvet cake (for St. Patty's Day) to bring. Thanks to www.lovefromtheoven.com for the idea. (By the way, if you love baking desserts, this is an awesome website.)


 The cake turned out well I think and my fellow book-clubbers seemed to like it too. Speaking of liking, I am really liking this near 70 degree weather we're having today. Spring is on it's way!
And what's not to like about that?
(Bella and Sebastien)

No comments: