Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Murder Mystery...and normal stuff too

For those of you who know us well, you know that we watch a lot of PBS...I mean A LOT. It's pretty much all we watch on TV...and online. So imagine our delight when Dan was cast as Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot character for our friend Adrianne's murder mystery party. Poirot is a French-speaking Belgium detective who has had a series on PBS since the early 80s. Dan did an exceptionally good job at the party and was awarded the best actor trophy.
I was cast as Vera Sin, devious night club owner. I rather enjoyed the role...and turns out, I was the murderer too!

Shortly after our night of murder and mystery, Dan contracted the dreaded hand, foot, and mouth. The poor thing had a fever for a few days, then unbearable mouth sores for a few days, followed by itchy hands and feet. Luckily it is behind us now (fingers crossed).
Since the kids were happy and healthy, we got to do some routine, but fun stuff last week. We visited the park, the town beach, and the ocean.

 Sebastien has really been impressing me with his swimming at the town beach. He's never been a natural "fish" like some other kids that I see, but he's definitely coming around. He feels comfortable swimming in the pond with a floaty pack and kickboard. He never really goes beyond where he can touch, but he's at least kicking in the water and not walking on the bottom.


Genevieve prefers beach bathing and sand playing. 
 Ocean - Have I mentioned how much I really don't want summer to end? I have fallen in love with the ocean this summer...well minus the fishy smells that most other people seem to like.
As if I don't spoil them enough, I took them to the mall yesterday just to ride the carousel. They sure did love it though.
 And finally, a family member who we don't talk about too much on the blog: dear Spud, our Midwestern painted turtle. He (she?) has been keeping us entertained this past week with some funny turtle antics - the likes of which we rarely see. For the delight of the children, we put a new Dora the Explorer statue in Spud's tank a few weeks ago. He generally ignored it until this week when he started kicking it over (which of course makes Genevieve upset). As soon as I stand the statue back up, he kicks it back down.
 I finally put it up against a rock so he can't push it over.
Instead, well, he buries her.
Silly Spud.

No comments: