Wednesday, July 4, 2012

First Trip to Nail Salon

We had a super fun day yesterday. We started out going to Wonderland, a really cool wooden park / play area in our town. Then we went to Chunky's Cinema for lunch while watching the new Disney movie, Brave. Unofrtunately the movie was a little scary for them, but they made it through by both sitting on my lap. After Genevieve's nap, Grandma and Becca called and wanted the girls to go get pedicures while Grandpa and Sebastien hung out. What a nice surprise!
Genevieve sat as still as a statue as she got her fingernails and toenails painted. Once it was done, though, she started squirming. The nail technician had to redo one of her thumb designs 5 times before it dried without her smudging it!



 As you can see above, I didn't need to hold her hands while she was getting them painted. Here I am below, however, trying to hold that one thumb still so it could dry. In this particular picture, it was a failed attempt.
 Ta-Da!
 THANK YOU, GRANDMA!!
And here's a cute picture from earlier in the day at Wonderland.
On the way home from Grandma and Grandpa's house, Sebastien said with a pout, "I wish I was a girl so I could get my nails painted." He almost broke my heart. If he still feels this way later, then we'll be taking a trip to the dollar store to get some blue or green nail polish for his at-home manicure. So far it's 10AM the next day and he hasn't mentioned it again. Fingers still crossed. :)

No comments: