Thursday, July 30, 2009

Great-great grandfather's table

After 2 years of sitting vacant, our dining room is now complete! Mom & Dad shipped us Frank Huss's (my great-great grandfather's) dining room table, chairs, and sidebar this week. I don't have a long enough table cloth yet (the wood is pretty scratched), so this is how it looks right now. I'm sooo happy to have a dining room table...especially since our kitchen table only fits 3.

I also figured I should take a picture of the pool, since it's only really open for 2 months out of the year. If you look to the far right, you'll see the newly installed "scamper ramp" that we put in to help little critters (and Gwynnie) get out of the pool. So far I've seen the successful escape of on turtle and dozens of frogs. The frogs, however, like to lounge on it. I've seen as many as 5 big bullfrogs sunning at a time.
Becca took this picture of Sebastien that was too cute not to post :)
We're heading to York Beach, Maine on Saturday for a week long beach vacation. I'll be sure to post pictures!

1 comment:

Life in the Bend said...

It's so cool that your dining room table has a story behind it. I love furniture like that! Sebastien gets more and more cute (and such a nice round noggin')!