Sunday, October 24, 2010

Lessons Learned after a week of potty training

WARNING: This may be too graphic for those who haven't yet had to potty-train a toddler. :)

(I'm writing this to remind me of some things for the next time around.)

■Cleaning up poop on the floor is semi-amusing when you also have to clean poopy footprints leading away from it.
■ Stickers are our new best friend.
■There's nothing wrong with bribes.
■Parenting humbles you to lower levels when you "go" in front of your child so you can show them how. It is, however, pretty cute when the toddler then goes and gets you a sticker.
■Rolling up and hiding my nice rug was the best decision yet.
■Using hand-me-down underwear instead of buying new was the 2nd best decision yet.
■Randomly finding my child's poop on my clothes is now just a daily annoyance.
■At the end of the day, no matter how many accidents we had, at least I didn't use any diapers....saving me about the cost of a coffee at Dunkin Donuts...sigh.
■Potty training around Halloween time may not be ideal since every time I remind him that pooping on the potty means he gets candy, he just smiles and says "trick or treat!"

Sebastien models his new (but previously owned) big-boy underwear.

No comments: